Radicle Roots is NOW HIRING!
Immediate job opening: Extended Day Counselor (K-5th)
We are looking for a creative, flexible, and hardworking Extended Day Counselor for our new Radicle Roots extended day program, beginning this school year. This program is an extension of the Radicle Roots Community Schoolhouse day where our mission is to be a diverse and accessible learning community that has the freedom to pursue meaningful learning, joy, and connection.
We believe that giving children the freedom to pursue their own interests and to follow their innate curiosity will build a love of learning that will carry them into adulthood. Read more about our philosophy at www.radicleroots.org.
Radicle Roots is committed to building a culturally and racially diverse teaching staff, and strongly encourages applicants who identify as people of color to apply. LGBTQIA applicants strongly encouraged to apply. Applicants of the teaching profession minority (aka male-identified) are encouraged to apply.
Details of Position:
15 hours/wk. Monday-Friday 2:30-5:30pm @ $10/hr.
August 28th (a week of training prior to schoolhouse start date)
- Train in and carry out the Radicle Roots teaching methodologies
- Plan and implement arts and crafts, games, free play, and nature activities
- Coordinate with parent volunteer teachers and schoolhouse Organizer
- Responsible for attendance, student health and safety, materials, and parent communication
- Excellent organization and communication
- Love and trust of children
- Self-motivated, reliable, follows through
How to apply:
Send your resume, including references, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reference Extended Day in the subject line.